Top Medieval history mcq pdf SET -3
Sarkari Exam , Here we provide important medieval history mcq pdf which help to your all competitive exam.
Important Medieval history mcq pdf
55. Which was the language adopted by the Bhakti saints to preach their ideas to the
D. Regional vernacular languages
56. In the year 1528, Akbar took the momentous step of
A. Banning Sati
B. Removing Jaziya
C. Forming an army of jackals
D. Propounding a new religion Din-i-Ilahi
57. Guru Gobind Singh had sent Banda Bahadur to Punjab
A. To propagate the Sikh religion
B. To show off his strength and valour
C. To crush the enemies of Khalsa
D. To establish a Sikh empire
58. Who built the tomb of itmad ud daula?
B. Nur Jahan
59. Which among the following was a gold coin issued in vijayanagar empire of south India?
D. None of the above
60. During the Mughal rule in India tobacco was first cultivated in
61. Who among the following conspired against Ibrahim Lodi and invited Babur to invade Delhi?
A. Bahlol Lodi
B. Daulat Khan Lodi
C. Sikandar Lodi
D. None of the above
62. Ahmad Shah Abdali invaded India for the first time during the reign of which among
the following Mughal Emperors?
A. Muhammad Shah
B. Ahmad Shah
C. Shah Alam-II
63. Astapradan was a council of Minister of which among the following?
A. Gupta Administration
B. Chola Administration
C. Maratha Administration
D. Rajput administration
64. Which among the following was prevalent in the Indian Society before the Muslim
A. Purdah System
B. Child Marriage
C. Sati System
65. Goa was captured by
66. Which of the following Sultanate Rulers made Delhi as capital in place of Lahore?
A. Qutubuddin Aibak
C. Razia Sultana
67. The authoritative treatise on Hindu law, Mitakshara, was written by
68. What does the Sangam age owe its name to?
A. Village assembly
B. Jain Influence
C. Confluence of rivers
D. A literary guild
69. Which among the following religion is related to Dilwada temples at Mount Abu?
A. Vaishnav sect of Hindus
B. Shaiv Sect of Hindus
70. Who among the following had shifted the capital of the Mughal empire from Agra to
A. Shah Jahan
71. Which among the following terms precisely defines the loans given to cultivators for
seeds, farm implements etc. in the Sultanate and Mughal period?
72. The second founder of the Maratha Kingdom was
B. Peshwa Balaji Vishwanath
C. Peshwa Bajirao
73. Muhammad Ghori laid the foundation of the Turkish Empire in India by defeating
A. Prithviraj Chauhan in Second Battle of Tarain
B. Jayachanda in the Battle of Chandawar
C. The Chandelas
D. Both A and B above
74. Balram Khan was murdered at
75. The Jat king of Bharatpur who is known as the ‘Plato of the Jat tribe’ and the ‘Jat
C. Badan Singh
D. Suraj Mal
76. What was the bone of contention between Vijayanagar and the Bahmani Kingdoms?
A. Krishna Delta
B. Raichur Doab
C. Godavari Delta
77. According to Guru Nanak Salvation could be obtained
A. In the service of God
B. Taking the Brahmans and Mullahs as their guides
C. In fighting for the country
D. In fighting against Islam
78. Chauth and Sardeshmukhi were paid by
C. Foreign visitors
79. The Char Minar had been constructed by
A. Ali Adil Shah
C. Quli Qutb Shah
80. Who among the following was the founder of Rastrakuta dynasty?
B. Krishna -I
C. Indra – II
D. Govinda -I
81. At the time, when Nadir Shah attacked Delhi, the Mughal Emperor was
A. Ahmad Shah
B. Muhammad Shah
C. Bahadur Shah
D. Shah Alam
82. Who among the following is the Persian mathematician and poet composer of the
world famous Rubbayat?
A. Omar Khayyám
B. Muhammad Iqbal
C. Sultan Bahu
D. Mirza Ghalib
83. Under the Mughal rule the main occupation of the people was
A. Sea faring
C. Working in mines
D. Service in the army
85. The Khajuraho temples built by the Chandela rulers are dedicated
A. Brahma and Vishnu
B. Vishnu and Laxmi
C. Shiva and Surya
D. Shiva and Parvati
86. The Mongols under Chengez Khan invaded India during the reign of
B. Firuz Tughluq
87. Persian horses were obtained by Vijayanagar with the help of
88. Sankardeva was a great bhakti saint of
89. What was the religion of Malik Kafur before he entered the service of Alauddin?
90. Aurangzeb appointed his uncle Shayista
Khan as Governor of
91. In which among the following battles,Jaichandra was defeated and killed by Mohammad Ghori?
A. Battle of Kannauj
B. Battle of Chandawar
C. Battle of Tarain III
D. Battle of Talikota
92. Original name of Mumtaj Mahal was
B. Jagat Gosami
C. Arzumand Banu
D. Man Bai
93. The Maratha dominion of Shivaji was known as
D. Maratha Rastra
94. During the last 25 years of his reign, Aurangzeb was mainly involved in longdrawn wars against
D. All the above
95. During the reign of Krishnadev Raya which of the following famous temples were built
in Vijaynagar empire?
D. None of them
96. The first Sultan of Delhi who had introduced the Practice of Sijda was
B. Alauddin Khalji
97. The rulers of Bahmani kingdom encouraged the development of art and architecture in the form of cities, buildings, mosques and fortresses. The incorrect statement in this context is:
A. The city of Hyderabad was founded by Ibrahim Adil Shah of Bijapur.
B. Gol Gumbaz of Bijapur, the mausoleum of Mohammad Adil Shah is the largest dome.
C. The Char Minar of Hyderabad was built by Mohammad Quli Qutb Shah of Golkunda.
D. Mahmud Gawan built a college at Bidar.
98. Sambaji plundered the Mughal territories in
99. To Which race did Mahmud of Ghazni belong?
100. The Pala ruler who built the famous Kailash temple in Kanchi and the Shore temple in Mahabalipuram was
A. Narsimhavarman II
B. Parmesvarvarman I
C. Mahendra Varman I
101. Of the following sons or Aurangzeb who rebelled against Aurangzeb?
B. Kam Baksh
102. The Battle of Chandawar was fought in last decade of 12th century between which among the following rulers?
A. Mohammad Ghori& Prithviraj Chauhan
B. Mohammad Ghori and Jaichand
C. Jaichand and Prithviraj Chauhan
D. Prithviraj Chauhan and Bhimdev Solanki
103. Who invaded India in 1398 AD during the reign of Nasiruddin Mahmud of Tughlaq
A. Chegiz khan
B. Khijr Khan
104. The main outlet for foreign trade during Akbar’s reign was the port of
105. The fortress of Asirgarh was under the rule of when Akbar besieged it
B. Raja Bhagvan Das
C. Bahadur Shah
106. Octagonal’ shape of mausoleums is the distinctive feature of which of the following
dynasties of Medieval India?
107. Rana Kumbha built the famous ‘Tower of Victory’ or monument to commemorate his victory at Chittor.
108. The independent kingdom of Awadh was founded by
A. Saadat Khan
B. Safdar Jang
109. Name the religious personality who exercised a great inuence over Shivaji
B. Guru Nanak Dev
D. Guru Ram Das
110. Who completed the Qutub Minar?
111. Of the following who did not revolt against Aurangzeb?
C. Prince Akbar
D. Shayista Khan
112. Who among the following was known as a Nirguna saint and reformer?
A. Sant Kabir
C. Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
113. The Mughal architecture attained unrivalled magnificence during the reign of
D. Shah Jahan