Top Medieval history mcq pdf SET -4
“Indian History” plays an important role for examinations like IAS, State PSC, SSC and other similar competitive examinations. sarakariexam.in offers a complete set of answers to Indian History questions in the form of practice sets (3000 + MCQs) SERIES for exams like IAS, State PSC and SSC.
Important Medieval history mcq pdf
114. Who among the following scholars of Akbar’s Court translated Atharva veda into
A. Haji Ibrahim Sarhindi
B. Abdul Qadir Badayuni
C. Naqib khan
D. None of the above
115. Which of the following was the reason for the disintegration of the Mughal Empire?
War of succession among the sons of
B. Nadir Shah and Ahmed Shah Abdali attacks
C. Revolt of various communities like Jat, Sikh, Rajput etc.
D. All the above factors contributed to the decline of the Mughal Empire.
116. After the death of Aurangzeb, which of the following Mughals abolished jizya tax
for the FIrst time?
A. Jahandar Shah
B. Rafi Ul Darjat
C. Mohammad Shah Rangila
117. The founder of the Pala dynasty of Bengal was
118. Todar Mal hailed from
119. The word coromandal cost has been derived from the kingdom of which of the
120. Who has written the compilation of poems, Prithviraj Raso?
A. Prithvi Raj III
B. Chand Bardai
C. Purandara Dasa
121. Baz Bahadur was an in the court of Akbar
122. “Manisha Panchakam” was composed by
A. Sri Ramanuja
B. Swami Chinmayananda
C. Adi Sankara
D. Swami Tejomayananda
123. Token currency had been introduced for the first time in India by
A. Ghiyasuddin Tughluq
B. Firuz Shah Tughluq
C. Alauddin Khalji
124. Who was called the New Muslims?
A. Hindu converts to Islam
B. Mongol converts to Islam
C. Turkish converts to Islam
D. Persian converts to Islam
125. What is meant by “The Forty” or “Chalisa”?
A. The cream of Afghan nobles
B. The pick of the intellectuals among the Khaljis
C. The select body of the Turkish Aristocracy
D. The ulema of the Muslim divines
126. In which of the following forts Jahangir Mahal is located?
A. Lahore Fort
B. Agra Fort
C. Red Fort
D. Golconda Fort
127. Shivaji maintained a Fleet at
128. Akbar had got constructed the Buland Darwaza to commemorate his victory of
129. The buildings in Fatehpur sikri are built by using mostly which of the following?
A. Fired bricks
B. red stone
D. sand stone
130. Kabir was contemporary of
A. Guru Nanak
B. Sultan Sikandar Lodhi
C. Both A and B above
131. Which Mughal Emperor had put a ban on killing of animals in certain days?
132. The Court of Akbar, the so-called nine gems, which was an influential poet |
A: Abul Fazal
C. Abdur Rahim Khan-e-Khana
he so-called ‘Nine Gems of the Court of Akbar’ the one who was a reputed poet
of Hindi, was
A. Abul Fazl
C. Abdur Rahim Khan-i-Khana
133. Udai Singh was ruler of
135. Who among the following are known as King Makers in Indian History?
A. Sayyid Brothers
B. Hussain Brothers
C. Hassan Family
D. Tardi Begh
136. Which Rajput dynasty had not surrendered to Akbar?
137. “He can be attributed for the rm establishment of Mughal rule in India in the later
part of 16th century”. Who was he?
A. Ali Quli Khan
B. Bairam Khan
C. Mir Jafar
D. None of these
138. Akbar’s nurse-in-chief was
B. Hamida Begum
D. Maham Anaga
139. What was the important reason for fall of Vijayanagar Empire?
A. Unity among the Muslim rulers
B. Internal instability and weakness of Princes
C. Moplah’s rebellion
D. Economic bankruptcy
140. Vljayanagar was founded on the southern bank of the river
141. Two women who, while conducting the affairs of their states faced Akbar’s wars of
conquest were Rani Durgawati and Chand Bibi (or Sultana), respectively of
A. Jaisalmer and Khandesh
B. Malwa and Gujarat
C. Gondwana and Ahmadnagar
D. Ranathambhor and Khandesh
142. Sher Shah was succeeded by
B. Islam Shah
C. Alam Shah
143. Who of the following Portuguese Is regarded as a ‘monster in human disguise’
and the one who had no bowels of compassion?
A. Vasco da Gama
D. Joao de Castro
144. ‘Sufi Sect’ originated and developed in
145. In which year did Mahmud of Ghaznavi carry out the infamous loot of Somnath temple?
146. built by Shah Jahan is one of the unrivalled beauties of the world.
A. Pearl Mosque
B. Jama Masjid
C. Taj Mahal
D. The Palace at Kabul
147. The Treaty of Purandar was signed on June 11, 1665 between Mughals and
Maratha Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. Who represented Mughals in this treaty?
A. Jai Singh I
B. Man Singh I
C. Ram Singh II
D. Jai Singh III
148. The founder of the independent state of Bengal was
A. Murshid Quli Khan
B. Alivardi Khan
D. Sarfaraz Khan
150. Which of the following battles helped Shershah to establish Suri Dynasty?
A. Battle of Kanauj 1540
B. Battle of Chausa 1539
C. Battle of Duhariya 1532
D. Battle of Chandewar
151. The first woman ruler of India was
A. Rani of Jhansi
B. Razia Sultan
C. Indira Gandhi
152. Humayun lost the Mughal Empire to Sher Shah Suri finally In the battle of
153. The Jizya was
A. A customs duty
B. Tax on silk products
D. Tax on salt
154. Assuming the title of Alamgir, Aurangzeb crowned himself as Emperor on July 21,
C. Fatehpur Sikri
155. Minhaj-ua-Siraj was a
156. Prem Vatika, poems on the life of Krishna, was composed by
157. The first martyrdom in Sikh history in the reign of Jahangir was of
A. Guru Ram Das
B. Guru Tegh Bahadur
C. Guru Angad
D. Guru Arjan
158. Two Sayid brothers Sayid Abdullah Khan and Sayid Hassan Ali Khan (who rose to
become the kingmakers during the later Mughal period) met their downfall during
the reign of
D. Muhammad Shah
159. Rajatarangini by Kalhan is a history of
A. Harsha’s reign
C. Chandragupta’s reign
160. The Vijayanagara and Bahamani kingdoms fought continuously for their occupation during the period of their existence.
B. Goa, Dabhol and Chul
D. Raichur Doab
161. During the Mughal rule, the finance minister was known as
162. Who among the following was the last ruler of the Slave Dynasty?
A. Aram Shah
D. None of the above
163. The Sultan who had truly mixed religion with politics by calling himself Naibi-Khudai or ‘the deputy of God’ was
A. Ghiyasuddin Tughluq
C. Alauddin Khalji
164. During whose reign Changez Khan invaded India?
D. Alauddin Khilji
165. Which among the following was not the Independent Kingdom?
A. Bahamani Kingdom
B. Vijayanagar Empire
C. Madurai Sultanate
D. Qutub Shahi of Golconda
166. Who among the following was defeated by Mohammed Ghori in the battle of Chandawar?
A. Prithviraj Chauhan
167. Babur, the founder of the powerful Mughal Empire traced his descent to:
A. Taimur from paternal line and Chengiz Khan from maternal line
B. Chengiz Khan from Paternal Line and Taimur from Mother Line
C. Chagatai Turks from paternal and maternal side.
D. Mongoloids from maternal and maternal side
168. In whose reign had Islam been abolished as the state religion?
B. Ibrahim Lodi
D. Firuz Shah Tughluq
169. In the reign of Firuz Shah Tughalq which of the following tax was 1/6 of the booty
captured during the war?
170. After defeating the Zamorin of Calicut, the Portuguese acquired a stronghold in India. The word Zamorin means
171. Shivaji sacked and secured a large booty.
172. Hakim Mirza, the younger brother of Akbar was the viceroy of
173. The troops provided by the Mansabdars was chiefly